What is the difference between python
In short, both of them are tools for installing and managing python packages. But
pip is more advanced and better tool to do the job. Use
pip from now on instead.
Check out this blog post: So You Want to Install a Python Package.
And before you play around with python modules/packages, make sure you read about this official document about python modules. Here I summarized some of the most important points from the document:
- A python module is a python file
- A module creates a namespace isolation, which avoids name clashes among different modules
- A python package is a directory containing a collection of modules and a
- A package provides a multi-module namespace isolation, which avoids name clashes among different packages
- A module can be used as a executable script as well as an importable module
- How a
importstatement works with modules and packages