Here I list a few things I want to learn recently so that I can keep track of my progress:
- Study map-reduce algorithm.
- Study algorithms for file compression.
- Improve your VIM experience.
- Understand GNU toolchain, especially GNU build system (autotools).
- Get yourself familiar with Python development tools (editor/build tools/test automation etc).
Books I wish to complete reading this year (2015):
- UNIX Network Programming
- Learn you some Erlang for greater good!
- Learn C The Hard Way
To-Learn for 2015:
- Data Visualization and D3.js
- Interactive 3D Graphics
- Responsive Web Design Fundamentals
- Semantic Web
- R.Fielding Phd dissertaion - REST architecture
Projects to work on (2015):
The ultimate learning goal for this year (2015):
- Extend Web domain knowledge.
- Extend computer network domain knowledge.
- Improve your Python.
- Improve your C.
- Learn Erlang or at least one functional programming language.
- Sharpen knowledge of GNU autotools.
- Sharpen usage of development tooling (vim, tmux, bash, cron, study kissmenu?).
- Extend your skills with darktable.
- Do studying, reading, learning work, taking notes during weekdays.
- Do small software development also during weekdays, if you feel capable.
- Do more extensive software development, or more complicated tasks, during weekends, if any.
- Do more extensive readings (including ‘extra-curriculum books’) also during weekend.
- Do photography work during weekends.
P.S. This list will grow and shrink over time.